Tunnel only works while linux "playit --stdout" is open

Hello,
my Tunnel disconnects frequently. It will only reconnect when i use “playit --stdout” and monitor the logs. As soon as i close SSH connection to server, the Tunnel will disconnect. systemctl status playit says, that the service is running…

• Running on Ubuntu Server -

Anyone got similar expiriences or an idea to fix it?
Greetings, Lasse!

Edit: I think i got it fixed by adding “@reboot playit --stdout” to crontab

1 Like

Any chance you could walk me through how to fix this issue? I can’t seem to get my playit.gg to run in the background. Running debian with CasaOS.

Thanks!

Not sure if I remember it Correctly, but I think I’ve added the the line:

@reboot playit --stdout

Or if it doesn’t work:

@reboot /bin/sleep 60 && playit --stdout

In the Crontab file which could be opened with
crontab -e
(I was logged in as Root)
I used the Editor Nano (you will get asked after the crontab command)
Add the line and save with Strg X and then type y

I assumed u got playit directly installed on Linux and u are running the command line or ssh

1 Like

Man thank you so much, I’ll give it a try tomorrow, been looking for this answer for a few days now and the discord is a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Hey There!

I tried both of these but it doesn’t seem like my playit is working after I run “playit setup”

I’m going to try again and completely uninstall the service, and then reinstall, and see how it goes from there. Any advice on maybe some troubleshooting steps you took would be amazing. I’m fairly new to debian and CasaOS, but I have dealt with quite a few docker instances creating these servers over the years.

Thanks for any and all help and for your time!

Hello if it seems to be working fine now disregard this message, but if not you can then follow these guidelines to be able to run playit 24/7 without stopping
https://playit.gg/support/host-247-with-playit/

with just the systemctl enable playit
would be enough to run it 24/7