INSTALL PLAYIT ON LINUX
0. Pre-Setup: Run the command(s) below.
sudo mkdir /etc/playit/
1. Navigate to the page for downloads and find the files with no extension (no .exe or .dmg at the end):
Find the one (most likely
playit-<some version> with no file extension.) and right click it and press "Copy link address"
IF YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT DISTRIBUTION OF LINUX FIND THE COMPATIBLE ONE
2. Run the following command:
wget <the-link-you-copied> -O playit while replacing
<the-link-you-copied> with the link you copied from step 1.
3. Make the file runable. Run the following command:
sudo chmod +x ./playit
4. Move the file to /etc/playit. Run the following command:
sudo mv ./playit /etc/playit/playit
5. Make a service file (run on boot and in background). Run the following command:
sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/playit.service
In the following window that opens, paste in this text:
ctrl + x to exit the file, press
y to save, and then
enter to confirm.
6. Start the service in the background. Run the following commands:
sudo systemctl start playit
sudo systemctl enable playit
7. Get the claim code from playit. Run the following commands:
sudo systemctl status playit
From here you should be able to get the claim link. Paste it into your browser and log in to start creating tunnels.
To exit this menu do CTRL + C