Hi, I was wondering if anyone here knew how to set up No-Ip (The dynamic DNS Provider) With playit, So I can use a custom domain to connect to the server, While still useing playit for ddos protection and hideing my IP. For reference I am using a minecraft server on windows if that has anything to do with it.
Thanks for the help!
I actually did this.
You can, pretty easily.
- Go to https://my.noip.com/
- Log in
- Dynamic dns → no-ip hostnames → create
- Name it, go to playit.gg, log in → settings → tick show ips instead of domains.
- Go to tunnels and copy your servers ip (ip only (not the port) :blabla not needed)
- Paste it into the ipv4 field and hit create.
- Done. (Dont forget to renew every month)
So I tried this, and I joined my server and it timed out. Do I need to use the port thats on the playit site?
This wont work unless you buy a dedicated IP. You’re unable to create SRV records with No-IP to specify the port.
Your best bet might be to buy a custom domain.
Yes you need to. The only way it works that when you connect to server you need to specify the port that playit.gg gave you.
(so like instead of e.g. employed-election.at.playit.gg:23415
Hope I could help!