Is there a way for someone else to connect to my tunnel? (Vintage Story)

Hello! I’m trying to host a personal world in the game called Vintage Story, i know it has a way to play multiplayer integrated but it doesn’t work for me for some reason, the IP the game gives me is always 0.0.0.0 and it just doesn’t work so i figured using this service could be an alternative to let my friend join my worlds. But i don’t know how to let him connect to my tunnel, i don’t really know how this works, I’m very new in this. If someone knows please let me know how to, thank you.

The 0.0.0.0 IP refers to your own device. Playit will help your forward whatever port your game is hosted on. I don’t know what port Vintage Story uses, but that information might be available somewhere in your game. If you run playit and set up a tunnel with that port, it will give you a link people can join over.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, i know the port is 42420 but besides that i don’t know what to do after that, the game world hosting kind of works like minecraft, you press escape to open the pause menu and click open the server to LAN, then at the top of the menu it shows my IP address, but then if you do it again it lets you open it to the internet, after that at the top of the pause menu it says that is looking for a UPnP device but instead of giving me another address, which is the one I have to share, it gives me the 0.0.0.0 address, that is not supposed to happen, the solution would be to port forward but i just can’t do that, any idea of what i could do? thanks for the help again.