How to host minecraft server (JAVA)

Decided to make a guide as some people might not know how.
First go to playit, create a tunnel, minecraft java, click yes that you can connect to your sv (we will tune that later), add tunnel.

Go to https://serverjars.com/ where you can find server jar for older verions, or use ‘modded’ version of vanilla such as paper. For this demo just download 1.19, open in winrar or 7zip. Click META-INF, versions, 1.19

Make a folder on your desktop and put the server jar inside, also make a folder for playit download 0.8.1, 0.8.3 -beta uses ipv6 by default might cause issues for you so stick to 0.8.1.
Now you need to make a bat file to run your server. Make a text document (Notepad) in the same folder as your server, paste this in '@ECHO OFF java -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar forge-1.16.5-36.2.20.jar nogui pause ’ with out the ’ follow according to the picture.

-Ignore this for now- come back later and check this after server is up and running
Xms is minimum amout of ram used and Xmx is maximum amount of ram used. In this case I have set it to use 3 gigabyte of ram used. More players = more ram needed. Example you have 10 players maybe 6-7 gb ram? If you see in your server cmd something like running behind ticks if is above something like 1000 ticks add more ram, it means the server is lagging behind. However you should add more ram when there are mutilple reports of your server lagging, other issues can cause this as well such as your wifi or cpu.

click save as, save file type as all files, name the file run.bat
Screenshot_6

Now run playit and the run.bat files.
It should prompt you to agree to EULA. Close the cmd, open EULA.txt in your server file set to true and save. Also a good time to check the server properties file to adjust things such as, if you want to disable pvp set pvp to false, change ports and all that. For now dont change anything.
After EULA set to true run your server again. Don’t close playit, playit portforwards yours ports so if you dont have playit open of coruse you cant connect same if you close the cmd and have playit running only.

Now go back to playit website adjust your tunnel. Set local ip as your ipv4 ip. You can do so by running cmd as admin and type ipconfig find your ip and put in local ip

After that try and connect to your server, should work.
If you have erros like connection timed out could be due to that you did not set up the tunnels correctly. There are lots of reasons to this such as your wifi and others. If you get this issue ask in the discord as I personally never have this issue.

That’s the end of the guide. If there are any issues ping me on discord Hate#1801 in playit server or my dms.

1 Like