How does playit actually works? make my own

ok sorry this is really off topic, but i am not sure where else to ask, stack overflow gave me salty solutions, i am just asking can i some how make this tunneling with my own server? i own server with public ip and all that jazz, and want to forward my home hosted website to there, how does playit agent does it? is it ssh tunneling if so how? how is apache configured to host ssh tunnel connection?

You could continue using playit and point your domain to the playit IP, but if you want to go through the hassle it’s possible to portforward the server from your PC on your router. Note; this is essentially opening a hole in the wall of your network which can be used for attacks. Then setup a static IP for your server PC, and point your domain to said static IP.

Playit.gg is a reverse proxy for tunnelling UDP and TCP network protocols. There are many open-source projects for self-hosting such service. Check out GitHub - fatedier/frp: A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.