Geyesermc and floodgate, invalid ip adress

I am writing this because I have a issue with my minecraft server, I installed Geysermc and floodgate for bedrock support but when I try to join on bedrock it says that the ip adress is invalid, I set the clone-remote-port to true since I can’t get 2 ports on crafty. I am using playit.gg service for the ip adress.

Does anyone know how to help me in the right direction?

I already tryed to: make a new tunnel for the bedrock players. I tried to enable clone-remote-port and that did not work.

Am I missing something here because I think I am.

Are you able to connect locally so that you know geyser is working? I’m confused on your comment on “I can’t get 2 ports on crafty”, my guess is you’re running it in docker, where at least in the version I’m using on casaOS, only 1 UDP port is mapped on 19132. You can add more if needed, but if you’re goal is to just send bedrock players to your Java world, you wont need more than one. Are you running more than one BR world in crafty?

But first steps is to make sure you can access everything locally.
After that, it should be no more than creating a BR tunnel using the default port. If you’re running another BR world, then you will need to add another port to your docker.

No I am not able to connect localy, I am running crafty (a service for a minecraft server) in docker using unraid I wanna use the port I use on the java tunnel also for bedrock players to join (the port for the java tunnel is also the port in crafty for the minecraft server). I am only running 1 world (using port 25565 for Java that works fine with connecting trough the java tunnel but the bedrock tunnel can not connect, in the geyesermc config file clone-remote-port is true and the port is 25565.
Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I followed the geysermc tutorial for help but that did not help at all: GeyserMC Wiki: playit.gg Setup

I hope this makes it a bit more clear (I am very new to all of the networking stuff and servers)

Nothing like replying to some posts to get my “not a newbie” badge :slight_smile: lol

This gets you to the point of getting things working locally. After this is all working, we can move on to get it to work remotely.

You’re good, I was were you are at like 2-3 weeks ago, it’s amazing how quick you get “good” at all this. lol

First things first, lets get everything locally before we try to put things out into the world.

I may need to do this in multiple posts, not sure how many pictures i can post in each post.

First things first, lets look at your unraid set up, we have our webUI, a range of ports for Java, and our single port for bedrock. I’m not a docker expert, but I understand it enough to do things, but if you don’t list a port to be passed into the docker, you can’t work with that port. Like right now, we only have one port for bedrock, which uses UDP vs java uses TCP. Don’t ask me to explain the difference, they just are different.

Your Java ports, notice they are listed as TCP.

And your BR one is listed as a UDP

If you’re wanting to match ports, you need to add a new UDP to match the Java one.

Start up your docker and make sure your new port is there.
UDP

It sounds like you got to the point of getting a java server up, and you followed how to set up geyser and floodgate via GeyserMC Wiki: Setup and GeyserMC Wiki: Floodgate Setup

When you start up the server you should get a line in the terminal listing the port geyser is listening on
geyserdefault

Now head to files, select plugins, geyser-spigot, then the config.yml file in there you need to change the port to 25565 and change the auth-type to floodgate.

Head back to terminal and restart your server. There will be a line again that say geyser is listening to the new port
newgeyser

now head over to minecraft windows (bedrock) and add your new server, your IP address will be different, but the port will be 25565
brgeyserserver

and then try to get in, i just went through and set this up all new, so I know this works. :slight_smile:

ingame

Thank you so much for the tutorial! It already helped allot, can you also help me to set it up with the playit tunnels so people outside my network can join? Or is it just setting up a tunnel for the bedrock ip and port the same way with the java tunnel

So you should be able to set up a java tunnel and a bedrock tunnel. The java tunnel is more automatic, meaning you don’t need to put in any additional information other than the address given. Like in this case, the battery-auto.whatever if you put that in you IP address line for Java, it will automatically forward it to the correct port.

javaips

Bedrock is different, you need to add the port that is generated. Normally this is set to the default 19132, but because you wanted it to be different you need to update the local port, in your case it’s 25565, then click update…

update

From there you will have your address you’ll put in your bedrock server section in the game.

Then just put it in, the main difference I think most people miss is you need to put the port of the IP address that playit gives you, not the port your using to get into your game.

bronline

This should allow you to get into your game. Now I had issues getting into my game when i was testing things, and it was because my DNS resolver was blocking something to do with bedrocks servers. But this is more of an only me thing.

Before anyone asks, I’ve already taken down these 2 tunnels. :slight_smile:

Last food for thought, you could potentially set up a TCP+UDP single tunnel and do all of this combined. But I haven’t played with that at all and I liked the idea of having the separate. I’m not 100% sure why I liked that. :laughing:

Good luck with your server!!! Make sure you turn on whitelisting, just to make sure no one can get into your server that you don’t want.

Hey, I don’t know what I am doing wrong I followed everything step by step but it doesn’t work… I can’t connect to the world.

are you able to connect locally or are you just talking over the internet?

you may want to abandon the port 25565 thing for your bedrock connection and use the default ports, it simplifys things just in case you missed anything.

I can’t connect over the internet (with the ip and port from the tunnel) I will set it up with the default port to see if I missed something!

If you can, try hooking your computer up to a hotspot on your phone and see if you can get into that way. That was an issue I had and could get on to my server when I was testing on a hot spot.

I’m blaming my dns service i’m using, but maybe it’s something more. Can you get on any of the other crazy servers listed? That was my clue that something on my end was blocking everything when I couldn’t get on any of those.

I did not yet change the port of the bedrock server to the default port but… I found out I could not join “random servers” that have lets say 20 players. some work some others don’t should I try to see if I can join on hotspot?

i would see if you can join on a hotspot, just as a first level trouble shooting.

I also just realised that I am using pi hole on my network to block ads maybe thats the reason, I will keep you updated!

Ah yeah that may be it!!

I’m running nextDNS I need to sit down and try to access the servers and start seeing what’s being blocked. Although i don’t really plan on accessing the server via the internet from home, so it may be a moot point in spending the time to track it down.

Okay, I disabled pi hole and droped the 25565 port thing now I can see the ping and the players but I still can’t join the server. Any idea on what could be the next step?

Did you try connecting to your hotspot yet? Where you’re at is where I was at before sorting the DNS was messing with mine. But maybe your ISP is still blocking something. Do you have anyone else you can try to connect? You can also try connecting from the phone version of minecraft but just disconnect your wifi.

I will try the hotspot tomorrow, I will keep you updated. :slight_smile:

Hey sorry, I did not yet try it with the hotspot because something happend in the family, I think I will try it somewhere this week.

1 Like

stuff happens, you have to do what you have to do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hey, I tried minecraft bedrock on pc with my hotspot but it did not work.