Conan Hosting / Playit Administration

Howdy everyone,

So for a little bit of background, I am NOT a network engineer nor do I claim to be into devops. That being said, not sure who to pin the blame on here (funcom or playit) but here’s what I discovered trying to get a Conan Exiles server online.

1. When trying to setup Conan there’s 4 ports that can be configured for it (ports can be found here Dedicated Servers - Conan Exiles ) but only 3 really honestly need to be setup if this going to be public server (mine wasn’t in this case so your millage will vary) . According to this post Discord ports will go up sequentially , but is not displayed to the user in any fashion (unless they are? I didn’t look to see if this happens but maybe I missed something like ticking an option) but if they are, would moving beyond the free tier allow me to have multiple ports to one domain? This might not even be possible because I am not sure if conan supports domain names (if it doesn’t I’m sorry I am just hosting for my friends and I don’t know anything about conan weirdness :3)

2. When connecting to the Conan server, theres no output from the actual server log if someone is connecting when using a domain name to connect BUT if someone uses the ipv4 address from looking up the shared allocation ipv4 via whois, no issue! So this points to conan not working with domains but why doesn’t playit display the actual ipv4 address?

I’ll edit the post after some more testing and further looking into. Much love <3