Getting an ipv4 address

Hi. I’m trying to connect a custom domain to my server. To join now I have to use a playit ip (e.g happy-funtimes.craft.playit.gg). If I want to connect a custom domain I need an ipv4 address. Playit only gives me an domain. If I go to a website that gets the domain for an ip it is an ipv6 address. If I try to convert the ipv6 address to a ipv4 address it says this address cannot be converted. Please help me connect a custom domain.

Go to dashboard, then select the tunnel and here’s an ipv4

1 Like

how do you do it in the new version of playit because i cant seem to find it i can only find the one with the letters i need the one with the numbers (ipv4
)

I decided to remove the ability to see the IPv4 address on the website because there isn’t just 1 IPv4 address. There’s currently 6 and might be more in the future. Each IP will route you to a different datacenter. Right now the best way to determine what IP address you should use it to “ping” the address in your command line. For example, if you have random-name.at.play.gg you can open the command line and type

ping random-name.at.ply.gg

and press enter. The following lines will show you the IP address.

1 Like

I’m having same issue, how did you solve this problem please? Do i need to purchase i dedicated ip for this to work?

Now when you create a new tunnel the IP is shown on the tunnel page